Embedded Software Engineer
Salary: £65K Neg DOE
Location: Hybrid – Basingstoke/Home
Are you excited about the prospect of joining a company that designs and manufactures world class electronics devices for clients all over the world?
We are looking for an Embedded Software Engineer with at least 5 years experiences, we want you to develop solutions that excite our customers. Our software is integral to systems that are used around the world, helping businesses and communities to progress.
Purpose of role:
- To expand our software engineering capacity so that we can increase our design/development throughput and expand our customer base.
Responsibilities and key tasks:
- Responsible for firmware development projects, either individually or as part of a small team, on a wide variety of projects with time scales varying from a couple of weeks to many months
- Working to agreed timelines and understanding the importance of on time delivery
- Providing maintenance and enhancement work on existing projects
- Following, and adhering to, written processes and specifications
- Designing and implementing code that is well structured, stable, reliable, and easy to maintain
- Undertaking testing and verification of firmware to ensure specifications are met
- Providing clear documentation for both internal and customer use
- Providing direct customer support on developed projects
- Working as part of the engineering team (hardware and software), providing customers with high quality product designs and implementations
- Assisting in the ongoing improvement of processes and systems so we can be better at what we do and how we do it
- Extensive knowledge of the ‘C’ programming language
- Ability to develop low level, bare-metal applications for modern microcontrollers (e.g., ARM Cortex-M, ARM Cortex-A)
- Good knowledge of standard hardware interfaces (e.g., SPI, I2C, UART)
- Ability to read and understand schematics, datasheets, and errata notices as they relate to firmware development
- Ability to use standard test equipment to verify correct functioning of embedded firmware
- Very good debugging skills, with the ability to debug and resolve issues on embedded platforms with only very basic debugging facilities (e.g., no ICD ability)
- Good familiarity with revision control systems (e.g., Git, Subversion)
- Ability to work autonomously or as part of a small team
- Competitive salary dependent on experience
- Company pension scheme (Employer contribution 9%), auto enrolment after 3 months
- Personal private medical cover after 6 months
- 20 days annual holiday (plus 3 days over xmas shutdown) rising 1 day per year after 5 years’ service to a maximum of 30 days
- A superb work/life balance offering flexible hours
- Free on-site parking
- The opportunity to work with a forward-thinking company that has some very exciting times ahead!
BitBox is a well-established design and manufacturer of reliable and high-quality electronics products based in Basingstoke, Hampshire. We value the pride and professionalism of our staff who work to deliver truly world-class products.
BitBox is a privately owned company that values integrity and hard work, we operate an open-door policy for everyone.
We encourage a work life balance and work 37.5 hours pw; hybrid working is an option depending on the role.
We’re an equal opportunity employer, which means we’ll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
If you are interested in this vacancy, fill out the form below. No agencies please.
Want to work with us?
Are you passionate about electronics and software? Do you want to work in a world-class facility as a part of dedicated, friendly team? Are you bored with ‘good enough’ and hungry for a real challenge? If so, we want to talk to you.