Choosing BitBox as your manufacturing partner means that you have access to expert advice from the production team with the reassurance that your product design is protected. Your product is manufactured using the latest manufacturing technology and with components from approved distribution sources.
BitBox is driven by good engineering practices and the manufacturing process is built on sound engineering principles. Your product will be successfully manufactured and engineered to exacting standards.
The BitBox engineering team is always on hand - on site - to handle any technical issues that may arise during the manufacturing and testing process.
Printed Circuit Board assembly
Your Printed Circuit Boards are manufactured on the BitBox state of the art surface mount production line. Your product will be manufactured in the most cost effective and efficient way possible when coupled with the BitBox design skills.
Reasons to choose Bitbox as your manufacturing partner
- Manufacturing and testing take place onsite in our UK facility - on the same site as the design service
- Manufacturing and design facility based in Basingstoke, UK close to motorway and rail networks, making visits easier for you.
- Highly trained and qualified manufacturing engineers
- Products manufactured to the highest standard using the latest technologies with specialist software and tools designed to eliminate errors and streamline the production process
- AOI Advanced Optical Inspection (AOI) system allowing us to troubleshoot early, saving time, money and preventing production delays.
- Reduced lead time with onsite prototyping and testing capability.
- Extend the life of your product by choosing Bitbox manufacturing to manage obsolescence.
Specialist manufacturing equipment
By choosing UK manufacturing at BitBox you will benefit from our manufacturing expertise and capability including:
- The Europlacer Iineo2 with a staggering placement speed and accuracy specification to place 0.4mm pitch BGAs and 01005 components
- Speedprint SP710 solder paste printer with automatic optical aligner
- TSM 8 zone (top&bottom) reflow oven
- Automatic board stacker
- Ultravision Automatic Optical Inspection (AOI) to assure assembly integrity
- Blundell CMS-400 wave solder (Lead Free)
- RoHS compliant lead-free no-clean process
- All assembly staff trained to inspect to Internationally recognised standards, IPC-A-610, IPC/WHMA-A-620 and to solder to IPC-J-STD-001
Trained expertise giving - Quality assurance
You can be confident that your product will be manufactured to the highest quality using the highly trained BitBox staff in our UK manufacturing factory.
All assembly staff are trained to inspect to the internationally recognised standards: IPC-A-610, IPC/WHMA-A-620 and to solder to IPC-J-STD-001.
As you would expect, BitBox has been certified to work to ISO-9001:2008 by BSI and has held a valid certificate since 2012.
Customised manual assembly
Hand assembly can often aid the reliability of sensitive, heavy components or interconnects, so we will use a mix of assembly processes, including manual assembly where appropriate to ensure your finished product is of the highest quality.
Integrated Design and Manufacturing at our UK facility
Using Bitbox’s fully integrated design and manufacturing facility means you benefit from our commitment to quality assurance throughout the whole process.
Design-data for your product is linked to production with systems talking to each other, efficiently exchanging data needed for successful automated test. In addition, our electronic component part numbering scheme works throughout the company from the schematic page all the way through to Automatic Optical Inspection.
You will benefit from Bitbox’s seamless design to manufacturing capability including:
- The optimal selection of electronic components by your design engineer using the Cadence Orcad CIS schematic tool.
- The most suitable PCB footprint for the components, reducing errors at the layout stage. Cadence Allegro is used to lay out PCBs and create Gerber files which is sent seamlessly to the PCB manfuacturer and the pick and place machine.
- Our Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP) system generates the correct component order and supplier selection which is informed by the Bill of Materials (BOM) from Cadence Orcad CIS schematics.
- The pick and place machine knows our part numbers and understands what the components look like and how to place them.
- Production delays are reduced through using our Automatic Optical Inspection (AOI) system which scans the PCB to check solder joints and verify correct assembly of all the electronics in your design, including verifying the correct components have been used.
Advanced Optical Inspection capability
By choosing BitBox as your manufacturing partner you will have access to our experienced test team who run our Automatic Optical Inspection (AOI) machine. The AOI is programmed to check component markings and quality of solder joints which detects assembly faults before they reach the test process.